Strawberry Short Cake with St. Louis Butter Cake
(prep time 1 hour 5 mins)
- Classic St. Louis Butter Cake
- 1 Pint Strawberries- cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- In a bowl combine 1 pint of cleaned and sliced strawberries with 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- Mix together strawberries and sugar until strawberries are completely covered with sugar.
- Plastic wrap bowl and allow sugar and strawberries to sit for a minimum 1 hour. Place stainless steel mixing bowl in the fridge or freezer during this time.
- After 1 hour remove plastic wrap and stir strawberries. The natural juices from the strawberries will have been released and combined with the sugar to create a sweetened strawberry syrup.
- Add 2 cups of heavy whipping cream the cold stainless steel mixing bowl
- Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar to heavy whipping cream.
- Using a hand held electric mixer or stand mixer, mix heavy whipping cream on high for 3 minutes. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl for any powdered sugar on the edge.
- Check heavy whipping cream for thickness. If more thickness is desired, continue to mix until desired consistency. Careful not to over mix heavy whipping cream.
- Slice your Classic St. Louis Butter Cake to desired size pieces.
- Spoon strawberry slices and syrup over pieces of St. Louis Butter Cake and top with your whipping cream.
ENJOY! ** Try your St. Louis Butter Cake frozen topped with strawberries and whipped cream for a great summer treat!**