St. Louis Butter Cake with Blueberry Coulis
(prep time: 1 hour 15 min)
- 2 cups of blueberries (frozen or rinsed and dried)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- Classic St. Louis Butter Cake
- In a medium sauce pan combine blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for approximately 3 minutes, make sure sugar has dissolved.
- Transfer mixture into a blender, cover, and puree until smooth.
- Using a tight mesh strainer, strain into an air tight container.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
- (Optional) Place blueberries on top of St. Louis Butter Cake.
- Spoon coulis over cake.