Orange Cranberry Compote for St. Louis Butter Cake
(prep time: 10 minutes)
- 1 orange
- Zest of an orange
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom (optional)
- Classic St. Louis Butter Cake
- Zest an orange into a medium sauce pan.
- Peel the remaining rind off the orange and discard.
- Cut the orange into small pieces and add to sauce pan.
- Add the dried cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, and cardamom to the sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir continuously.
- Reduce heat and let simmer until the sugar has dissolved and the orange has begun to break down.
- Spoon over our Classic St. Louis Butter Cake.