Lemon Prosecco Syrup & Drizzle
(prep time: 15 minutes)
- 1 cup + 1 Tablespoon of powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of your favorite Prosecco
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- Classic St. Louis Butter Cake
- In a medium size bowl add 1 cup of powdered sugar, Prosecco, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice.
- Using a whisk, mix ingredients until fully combined.
- Remove approximately half of the syrup and set aside.
- Spoon the syrup over the Classic St. Louis Butter Cake so that it may soak into the cake.
- With the remaining syrup, slowly add the 1 Tablespoon of powdered sugar until it thickens. *May not need to add all of the powdered sugar*
- Using a piping bag or fork, drizzle over our Classic St. Louis Butter Cake.