Caffè Mocha St. Louis Butter Cake
(prep time: 15 minutes)
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons of cold strong black coffee or Espresso
- Chocolate syrup for drizzle
- Classic St. Louis Butter Cake
- Chill a stainless steel mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove chilled materials from freezer.
- Add heavy whipping cream and coffee to the chilled mixing bowl.
- Using a handheld electric mixer or stand mixer, combine heavy whipping cream on low for 1 minute. Increase speed to high and mix for 3 minutes until peaks form. *Make sure to not over whip or it will collapse.*
- Once you reach desired thickness, spoon or pipe whipped cream over Classic St. Louis Butter Cake.
- Drizzle favorite chocolate syrup over whipped cream.